Friday, September 25, 2015

This and That

I am  sorry I have not been posting lately. Some of it is due to summer demands and  also due to  just not having enough spoons many days..those who understand spoon theory and chronic fatigue and pain will understand. I hope I am now on the  better side of those issues for a while and will be able to keep the blog more current. I thank everyone who has been looking at it and I hope this update is of interest to you. 

Here is the link  to spoon theory, which in my case applies to post polio syndrome  -







 Amy from our February 14, 2004 litter in 2007  with a bird she located, pointed, held, flushed on command and retrieved to hand. 

In September 2015, Amy has recently shown she can still find,  point, hold and flush birds. Her owners are planning a few 1/2 day hunts with her to give her the thrill of the field again. She has been in training with longer runs and careful monitoring of her condition. Her owners report she has no quit in her even at this age. 




Our lovely Amy. Thank you so much owners for sending us this update and photos of Amy!

Early in September my daughter and her boyfriend came for a short visit. We had a great time even though it rained almost every day they were here. It was hard to say good-bye. I always take some time to deal with the separation anxiety so to speak, when she leaves. 

Yesterday an urgent call alerted me to the needs of a dog of a friend of ours. She was in a boarding kennel and managed to break her canine and damage her mouth fairly badly on a chain link fence. Her family is in England so of course this is very stressful. I was able to pick her up after her surgery to remove the rest of the tooth. We will keep her with us for the next week  as she recovers and her family returns. I will take some current photos but for now the photos below of Rory's previous visits will make most people say awwwwwwwwww I think.


 Rory is 8 years old now but these are photos from 2008 - 2010 


Rory loved the snow while Astro from our 2009 litter had trouble understanding the attraction to that cold stuff..taken 2009 



So cute and such a great pup!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online